The curriculum of Holy Family is designed to educate the whole child and provide a solid foundation for higher Catholic education. We facilitate the child’s development by emphasizing six important aspects.
- Spiritual – by integrating Christian values throughout the curriculum
- Intellectual – by pursuing an academic program that is both rigorous and relevant
- Psychological – by teaching respect for oneself, and for others, as God’s creations
- Social – by involving students in parish and community programs
- Cultural – by encouraging acceptance and responsibility as members of the world community
- Physical – by valuing health, nutrition, and physical activity as part of our daily lives
The academic curriculum exceeds the requirements of the Archdiocese of Los Angeles and the California State Department of Education. The school is accredited by WASC and participates in the WCEA self-assessment process. Primary grades (TK-5) are taught in self-contained classrooms, while middle school grades (6-8) use departmentalized scheduling.
Various programs enhance this curriculum:
- Accelerated Reading and Math
- Visual Arts Program
- Worship Ministries
- Preparation for the Sacraments – grade 2
- Literature Tea – grade 3
- California Mission Studies – grade 4
- Social Studies Walk Through History – grades 4-6
- Ministry to the Elderly – grade 5
- Science Camp – grade 6
- Hospitality Ministry to Giving Bank – grade 7
- Catalina Island Marine Life Science Camp – grade 8
- Ministry to Shut-ins – grade 8
You must be logged in to post a comment.