The Athletic Department at Holy Family is dedicated and committed to helping students develop character, social growth and physical skills through a variety of sports. Beginning in 3rd grade, Holy Family students may take advantage of the school’s traditionally successful athletic program which competes in the Catholic Youth Organization (CYO) athletics program sponsored by Catholic Charities of Los Angeles. There are roughly 170 schools that participate in the CYO sports program. Holy Family is one of the 39 schools in the East Region. The varsity level is deemed competitive and includes a post-season.
Holy Family’s athletic success includes numerous conference championships, and as a group, Holy Family teams have distinguished themselves by achieving the highest level of teamwork and sportsmanship. Within the last decade, HFS has had three student athletes named “CYO Athlete of the Year” with nearly (50) athletes being named “All CYO”, received the CYO’s Regional Director’s Cup on three occasions, had over a dozen teams advance to the Final Four in their respective sport and claimed three CYO Championships.
Holy Family usually competes against the same schools during the conference season. The following schools make up the Foothill Conference: Alverno (Sierra Madre) Assumption (Pasadena), Holy Angels (Arcadia), ICA – Immaculate Conception (Monrovia), St. Andrew (Pasadena), St. Elizabeth (Altadena), S.S. Felicitas & Perpetua (San Marino), St. Luke (Temple City), St. Philip (Pasadena), and St. Rita (Sierra Madre).
Holy Family School offers the following sports:
- Boy’s basketball – grades 5/6 & 7/8 (winter)
- Girl’s basketball – grades 5/6 & 7/8 (winter)
- Co-Ed flag football – grades 5/6 & 7/8 (fall)
- Boy’s soccer – grades 6-8 (spring)
- Girl’s soccer – grades 6-8 (spring)
- Co-Ed track & field – grades 3-8 (spring)
- Boy’s volleyball – grades 5-8 (spring)
- Girl’s volleyball – grades 5/6 & 7/8 (fall)
- Girls Softball – grades 5-8 (spring)
- Golf Club – grades TK-8 (year round)
- Co-Ed cross country – grades 3-8 (fall)
- Cheer – grades 3-8 (year round)
- Equestrian – grades 6-8 (year round)
Additionally, the CYO sponsors a bowling tournament (open to students in grades 5-8) in December.
Cheer on your Knights with some Sideline Gear at our Spirt Store!