Mission Statement of the School
Holy Family Catholic School educates students to achieve academic excellence while becoming disciples of Jesus Christ, and leading lives of faith, community, and service.
Holy Family students are nourished by liturgical and sacramental life in the environment of a faith community, where service, respect and concern for others are demonstrated.
In striving for academic excellence, we at Holy Family Catholic School take individual needs into account. Our students are encouraged to be self-directed. In addition, good citizenship, physical well-being, Catholic doctrine and tradition are integrated into the curriculum.
Mindful that parents are the prime educators, we at Holy Family support and encourage parental responsibility in helping students to become involved Christians. Our purpose is to develop the Catholic faith in the present generation of children, and through them, to touch future generations. The development of the whole child is the essence of our teaching mission at Holy Family.
Integrating a love of learning with Catholic beliefs and values that are centered in the Spirit, our students are instilled with a vision of hope.
School Boards Responsibility & Purpose
The School Board of Holy Family are to support the mission of the school. The Board supports the Pastor, Principal, the school, and its children through planning, policies, fundraising, and marketing. Sharing responsibility with Fr. Albert Bahhuth, the School Board was established as a policy-making body in matters of Catholic school education at Holy Family.
The School Board consists of members representing parents of students currently enrolled in Holy Family, the President of the Parent Guild, the Principal, parishioners of Holy Family Parish, and community members.
Some of the specific responsibilities of the School Board include:
- Developing the annual operating budget for Holy Family, in conjunction with the Principal.
- Establishing and annually updating a long-range plan for Holy Family, in collaboration with the Principal, Faculty, Parent Guild, and Pastor.
- Developing and formulating educational and financial policies that will guide the administration in achieving stated goals and objectives of the long-range plan.
- Communicating Holy Family School Board policies and decisions to the school community with the Principal.
- Developing and implementing resource development and public relations programs for Holy Family, in collaboration with the Principal and the Parent Guild.
- Evaluating the effectiveness of the implementation of strategic planning goals and policies.
These are the policies/procedures that govern the HFS School Board Constitution & By-Laws.
Board Member Listing Coming Soon