Helpful Hints for TK and Kinder
- Class Password Protected Shutterfly Account.
- You will be receiving an email invitation to join your class Shutterfly Account. You’ll use this site to upload pictures from various class events throughout your years at Holy Family, sign up for class volunteering opportunities and general class information as well as roster.
- All parents are required to be Vitrus Trained and Fingerprinted before the start of each school year. Click here for that information. Additionally, part of our Safeguard the Children program, is the protection of Images/Voice/Work/Name of students on social media.
- Knights Pride Spirit Store! – For all your parent “Fan & Sideline” Apparel.
- The children have PE twice a week – and will wear their “PE uniform” for those days – as you plan your first purchase at CKW, please keep that in mind!
- PE Shirts – Purchase only about 3 because you’ll also be able to wear the annual Jog A Thon T-Shirts on PE days! And go big – the CKW ladies knew what they were talking about with the sizing – everything lasts about 2 years. My son graduated HFS (C’17) and I kept his older PE-Shirts for my daughter (C’26) .. they’re still in great condition!
- NAMES – CKW embroiders names on jackets/sweatshirts – DO THIS -last names, initials or last name with 1st Initial are fine – While there is an extra expense, those uniform sweatshirts & jackets will surely find their way home if they are clearly embroidered!
- Girl? Keep your eyes peeled for those little “boy shorts/bloomers” that the girls wear under their jumper – Sometimes called “monkey bar buddies”. Black or Navy Blue are the preferred color – CKW has them – but sometimes Target has them on special.
- Naptime blanket – TK & Kindergarten has a “naptime” for the children – a rest time after lunch – this continues until Christmas break – CKW has a lovely bed roll, with the uniform plaid on it or you to also bring in a beach towel less bulky (fits in their cubby) and easier (sent home Friday to be washed).
- TK & Kindergarten Orientation – You will meet with your child(ren) teacher, explore their assigned classroom and hear about all the exciting adventures your child(ren) will experience while at HFS
- Be kind and assume good will – you are building your “village” that will last for 9 years – help when you can and reach out to those families who you may not see often.
- Enjoy Kinder – your child is everyone’s baby this year – Welcome to HFS 🙂