From the desk of Parent Guild President Bridgette Klaus,
July 11, 2019
Dear Holy Family School Parents,
We hope you are having a wonderful summer break with your families! The Executive Parent Guild and Committee Chairpersons are looking forward to an exciting year working with each of you, the faculty and staff. We warmly welcome Mrs. Darcie Girmus along with all the new families who will be joining us. We hope that you will love this school and our community as much as we do! For me personally, I can’t believe how quickly time has flown by. It feels like yesterday that Kevin and I were volunteering at the fair and applying for kindergarten with our first child. Now we have three children at Holy Family, entering 2nd, 6th, and 8th grade. Where did the time go?
The Holy Family Parent Guild is an integral part of our school. Not only do we host fun events during the school year, but we also raise funds and provide volunteers for our teachers and classroom activities. All of this takes the hard work and dedication of our community members. Each one of us has different skills, talents, and resources that are desperately needed to make Holy Family School what it is. We all want the very best education and experience for our children, and that is why we must all individually do whatever we can to make it happen. Please get involved and support our wonderful community and school. You will not regret it!
A detailed calendar of important dates will be sent out from the office, but we wanted to highlight a few. Our community is one of the many things that make Holy Family special. Please mark your calendars so that you can participate in all our events!
- Drop-In Day: Tuesday, August 27 8:00-11:00am Stop by with your student(s) any time between 8 and 11am. Drop-in day is a great opportunity to visit your child’s new classroom, meet the teacher(s) and drop off supplies in the classroom Sign up for some of the many volunteer opportunities available through the school year, including classroom activity chair positions, hot lunch helpers, fieldtrip chaperones, Back to School Picnic and more! Be sure to bring your calendar with you.
- 10:15 Kinder Orientation August 27, 2019
- First Day of School K-8: Wednesday, August 28, 2019 with noon dismissal
- Middle School Articulation: Thursday, August 29, 2019 at 6:30pm
- Grades 1-5 Articulation: Tuesday, September 10 at 6:00pm
- Mandatory Parent Guild Meeting for all parents: Wednesday, September 11 at 7pm This back to school meeting is loaded with important information, procedures, and exciting happenings for the 2019-2020 school year. This will include a reception which will give you an opportunity to catch up with old friends and meet new members of our community.
- Legacy of Learning Campaign Kick Off! – Thursday, September 12 Legacy of Learning is Holy Family School’s Annual Fund that enables parents, family members and parishioners the opportunity to make a tax-deductible contribution to close the gap between the actual cost of educating a student and the tuition charged.
- Holy Family New Parent Welcome Dinner: Friday, September 13
- Holy Family School Picnic: Sunday, September 15 at Garfield Park
- Holy Family Fall Festival: October 12 and 13
- Fig Tree Christmas Lighting: Sunday, December 1
- Holy Family School Annual Jog-A-Thon: Friday, March 6 Our annual jog-a-thon is our largest and most important fundraiser of the year. This is a day to celebrate our school’s strong spirit and community. Our entire community is invited to attend and there are many volunteer opportunities that day. All students benefit from the dollars generated by this event. Staffing, enrichment programs, the arts and sports programs are all supported by this campaign.
- Holy Family Auction: Saturday, May 16
The above are just some highlights for our year. There are so many more opportunities for your involvement! The Holy Family School Newsletter is emailed to parents each weekend, so you can keep up to date on what is happening at HFS. Please read through the entire newsletter each week, in addition to checking the School Calendar on our website so that you do not miss a thing!
Please feel free to contact Bridgette Klaus, 2019-2020 Parent Guild President with any questions or suggestions you may have by emailing email@example.com.
Enjoy the rest of your summer. We look forward to another great year together. Go Holy Family School Knights!
Bridgette Klaus – HFS Executive Parent Guild
Parent Guild Forms
Objectives of the Guild
- To actively support the Parish Life Director, Principal and teachers in the philosophical goals and objectives of Holy Family School
- To help parents acquire an appreciation of the ideals of a Catholic education
- To promote cooperation and understanding of the educational responsibility of both parents and teachers
- To provide parents with educational opportunities for the development of their child’s growth, spiritually, academically and socially
- To help with fundraising endeavors
- To provide communication to parents about activities and involvements of Holy Family School
Any person who has a child enrolled in Holy Family School shall be a member of the Parent Guild.
2019 – 2020 HFS Leadership
PARENT GUILD EXECUTIVE BOARD
|Vice President, Treasurer
Vice President-Elect, Treasurer
|Jennie McNulty Diana Ramosfirstname.lastname@example.org email@example.com|
|Vice President, Fundraising
Vice President-Elect, Fundraising
|Vice President, School Affairs||Emily Violafirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Vice President, Co-School Affairs||*pending|
|Vice President, School Communications||Michele Rodriguezemail@example.com|
|Vice President, Spirituality||Amber Zelenayfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Vice President, Co-Spirituality||*pending|
|Community Support/Parish Liaison||Helena Danniemail@example.com|
|Recording Secretary||Valerie Meyerfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|School Vice Principal||Anne Regan-Smith||AREGANsmith@holyfamily.org|
|School Principal||Darcie Girmusemail@example.com|
|Parish Life Director||Cambria Tortorellifirstname.lastname@example.org|
|VP School Affairs||Emily Violaemail@example.com|
|VP Fundraising||Karina Blandfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|VP Fundraising Elect||Andrea Gieseemail@example.com|
|VP Spirituality||Amber Zelenayfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|VP School PR/Communications & Social Media||Michele Rodriguezemail@example.com|
|Spirituality – Class Retreats||Jennifer Thompsonfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Spirituality – Co-Chair Class Retreats||Michelle Gardneremail@example.com|
|Spirituality – Parent Retreat Chairs||Jennifer Bonneville Laura Smithfirstname.lastname@example.org email@example.com|
|Recording Secretary||Valerie Meyerfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|VP Community Support/Parish Liaison||Helena Danniemail@example.com|
|Hospitality Chair||Jen Mercerfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Scrip Coordinators||Sarah Schlaiferemail@example.com|
|Hot Lunch Chairs||Lauren Delpheyfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Shoe Box Science||Karla Haynesemail@example.com|
|Jog-A-Thon Chairs||Mary Brunofirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Special Friends Day||*pending|
|Linens Coordinator||Cristina Jaimeemail@example.com|
|School Picnic Chairs||*pending|
|Teacher/Staff Appreciation Day||Heather Timmonsfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Trading Post Chair||Denise Bilottaemail@example.com|
|Welcome Committee Chairs||Martin Mapomafirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Kindergarten – Saints & Angels||Dana Laugharnemail@example.com|
|1st Grade||Gina Marquezfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|2nd Grade||Paola Morkemail@example.com|
|3rd Grade||Shannon Porterfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|4th Grade||Sara Gillissieemail@example.com|
|5th Grade||Stephanie Ochfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|6th Grade||Tricia Nuremail@example.com|
|7th Grade||Florinda Baileyfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|8th Grade||Krista Oconemail@example.com|
Programs and Activities
The Parent Guild sponsors two major fundraisers throughout each school year for Holy Family School — Scrip and the Annual Jog-a-thon each Spring.
The Parent Guild also hosts, sponsors, and/or coordinates volunteers for the following school events and programs:
- Back-to-School Picnic
- Boxtops for Education
- New Family Welcome Reception & Orientation
- Special Friends’ Day
- Talent Show
- Parent Retreat
- Visual Arts Program
- 8th Grade Graduation Luncheon
- 8th Grade Scholarships
- Shoe Box Science Program
- Trading Post (gently used uniforms)
The Parent Guild hosts, sponsors and coordinates volunteers for the following for our faculty:
- Christmas Luncheon for Teachers and Faculty
- Christmas and End-of-Year Bonuses
- Conference Week Meals
- Teacher Appreciation Luncheon & Flowers
- Anniversary Gifts
Parent Guild By-Laws
These are the policies/procedures that govern the HFS Parent Guild.