Holy Family School Parent Instructions for 2018 – 2019 Financial Aid
In addition to the online SMART application procedure DUE FRIDAY,MAY 25, 2017, we are asking for a separate letter explaining your financial need beyond what is covered in the SMART application process.
This letter, along with your SMART application (directions below), is required in order to be considered for financial aid at Holy Family School. Please submit your letter directly to me no later than FRIDAY,MAY 25, 2017. Shortly thereafter you will be notified regarding the status of any potential award for the 2018-19 school year.
Below are some points that you may wish to address in your letter:
- Describe any significant changes in your financial situation in the current year versus the previous year, including any unanticipated expenses.
- If you are projecting a significant change in your financial situation for the upcoming 2017-2018 school year due to job loss, explain in detail. Include the date of the job loss, time period covered for any severance payments, current outlook for reemployment, and anticipated change in financial need should reemployment occur as anticipated.
- If you have credit card debt greater than $10,000, please explain why you incurred and continue to carry debt.
- If your annual expenses exceed your annual income, please explain how you are able to manage the financial shortfall.
- Describe any extenuating health conditions that impact your financial need.
- Describe any other matters that might further clarify your financial need beyond the information already provided.
You may submit your correspondence via email (email@example.com) or surface mail (Attn: Frank Montejano, Holy Family School, 1301 Rollin St., 91030). If you have any questions please do not hesitate to contact me (626) 403-6159.
Frank Montejano, Ed.D.
Access Application Smart Aid for Parents
School ID Code • Holy Family School – 11049
Application Deadline • Please submit your application and documentation by 5/25/2018
Eligible Grades• Kindergarten – 8th Grade
Application Processing Fees
- Application Fee (required): $35
- Business Fee (if applicable): $19 – Fee only applies to families filing: 1041, 1065, 1120 or 1120S.
- Parent Report Fee (optional): $8 – This report allows you to view the information submitted on your application.
**This report does not display recommendations for financial aid.**
Required Supporting Documentation
All applications are required to submit documentation to support their application. Applications submitted without documentation will not be processed.
- Most recent paystubs and W-2 forms for all jobs.
- Most recently filed tax return: 1040, 1040A, 1040EZ with all schedules.
- Most recently filed business tax return: 1040, 1065, 1120, 1120S (if applicable).
- Supplemental income documentation: Social Security, Welfare, Food Stamps, Child Support, 1099-M Forms, Workers Compensation, Unemployment, Veterans Benefits, Etc.
Application IDs must be included on all documents. Failure to include your application ID will delay the review of your application.
- Create Account at: http://smartaidforparents.com
- Direct Upload Documents
- Phone Support: (800)-360-8027
- Email Support: firstname.lastname@example.org
Notification of Financial Aid
Once your application is processed, a financial aid recommendation will be forwarded to Holy Family School. All final financial aid decisions, including notification of an award amount (if any) will be made by Holy Family School. If you have not received notification regarding financial aid, contact the financial administrator at Holy Family School. Please allow a minimum of four weeks after you have submitted your application and required documentation.
How to apply online
Please go to our website Smart Aid for Parents . For new families, you will need to click ‘New Parent Registration.’ From there you will be prompted to enter a valid e-mail address and a password of your choice. It is important your e-mail address is correct, as email is our first line of communication. Once you are confirmed with a username and password, you will be logged into our online site, where you will start the application process. For returning families, you can log in with your previous year’s login information. For assistance in filling out the application or retrieving login information you can contact us either by phone at 1-800-360-8027 or by e-mail at email@example.com.
Q: Who should complete this Tuition Aid form?
A: Whoever the child resides with should fill this application out, whether it is a parent, grandparent, aunt/uncle, or legal guardian. There is a section within the application where you can enter contributions from non-custodial parents and relatives.
Q: Why do I need to input my spouse’s information if I am remarried and they are not legally responsible for my children?
A: Our calculation works off of the total household income, therefore including all income, whether the party is legally responsible for your children or not. Our system however, does take into effect your spouse’s expenses as well as their income. It is important to list all expenses that are asked of within the application.
Q: Do I list all of the children in my household, even if they are attending another school?
A: Yes. You will need to list out all children within your household. That includes children attending another private school, children attending a public school, or children not attending school.
Q: What if I have an additional circumstance?
A: We have designed a section for you to select from a list of pre-generated circumstances. If your circumstance is not listed, please feel free to write us a letter explaining your circumstance. Please write “SPECIAL CIRCUMSTANCES,” on the top of your letter, along with your name and application ID.
Q: I do not have the required tax documents. HELP!
A: Include the most recent tax documentation you have available. If you are asked for a specific line from a tax document that you have not yet completed, please estimate the projected amount.
Q: How will I know if I qualify for aid or not?
A: We do not disclose information about the results of your application. All final tuition aid decisions, including notification of an award amount (if any); will be made by your school. For the date award notices will be given, please contact your school directly.
Smart Tuition Aid ● Processing Department
PO Box 25116, Lehigh Valley, PA 18002-5116 ● (800)-360-8027 ● firstname.lastname@example.org