Holy Family School has integrated a 1:1 iPad program in grades 4-8. In addition, Kindergarten through 3rd grade students utilize class sets of iPads. For more information, see the Holy Family School iPad Program Website.
HFS Technology Lab:
Holy Family Students in Kindergarten to Fifth Grade attend computer classes in the technology lab on a weekly basis. Grade-level appropriate curriculum enables students to gain confidence and competence with computer technology while practicing the “21st Century Skills” of collaboration, communication, creativity and critical thinking. The technology curriculum is aligned with ISTE Standards for Students.
The International Society for Technology in Education (ISTE) devised standards for evaluating the skills and knowledge students need to learn effectively and live productively in an increasingly global and digital world. The 2016 ISTE Standards for Students emphasize the skills and qualities we want for students, enabling them to engage and thrive in a connected, digital world.
- Empowered Learner: Students leverage technology to take an active role in choosing, achieving and demonstrating competency in their learning goals, informed by the learning sciences.
- Digital Citizen: Students recognize the rights, responsibilities and opportunities of living, learning and working in an interconnected digital world, and they act and model in ways that are safe, legal and ethical.
- Knowledge Constructor: Students critically curate a variety of resources using digital tools to construct knowledge, produce creative artifacts and make meaningful learning experiences for themselves and others.
- Innovative Designer: Students use a variety of technologies within a design process to identify and solve problems by creating new, useful or imaginative solutions.
- Computational Thinker: Students develop and employ strategies for understanding and solving problems in ways that leverage the power of technological methods to develop and test solutions.
- Creative Communicator: Students communicate clearly and express themselves creatively for a variety of purposes using the platforms, tools, styles, formats and digital media appropriate to their goals.
- Global Collaborator: Students use digital tools to broaden their perspectives and enrich their learning by collaborating with others and working effectively in teams locally and globally.