I am Nurse Jackie Ficht. I graduated from Columbus Hospital School of Nursing in Chicago, earned a BS in Health Science at the University of Redlands, and became a Certified Women’s Health Care Nurse Practitioner through Harbor General Hospital/UCLA.
Prior to working at Holy Family, I worked at Children’s Hospital Los Angeles. I have been at Holy Family School since 2002.
I have two daughters – Annie and Allison.
Working with the students, families and faculty at Holy Family has been a really rewarding experience!
Dear Parents, We have just passed the halfway point of the 2017-18 flu season, and I’m sure you are aware of the high rate rate of illnesses, hospitalizations, and deaths. For those of you who have not yet had your families immunized, I would like to offer the following reasons why you should get the vaccine:
1. When you get a flu shot it doesn’t just protect you–it protects all of us. This is because there are fewer infected people to spread the highly contagious illness to healthy people and to those who are most at risk, including children.
2. The vaccine is 60-70% effective against 3 of the dangerous flu viruses, and 30% effective against the fourth (which reduces the risk by a substantial amount).
3. People who get the flu vaccine and then catch the flu often have a shorter and easier course of the disease.
4. Almost every health plan covers the flu vaccine.
5. It’s not too late to get vaccinated.
6. It is strongly recommended by the Centers for Disease Control, public health specialists—–and your school nurse!
Articles on Health and Nutrition!
- How to Tackle Sick Days?
- Want to boost your kids’ math scores by 15 percent? Help him focus in class? Increase her IQ by more than five points? Just feed them breakfast! You don’t need a medical degree to know that oatmeal is more nutritious than neon cereal. Here are a few ideas.