- HFS and HFChurch Volunteer Opportunities
- Join the Lector Ministry at the Church
- Serve the parish while at Mass by proclaiming the Word of the Lord with clarity and conviction (*active lector participation even fulfills some of the parish service hours!) Learn helpful tips on how to better communicate in front of people at once-a-month “Prayer & Practice Sessions” (our coach is Steve Domier, a senior communications executive and Loyola Marymount professor) Enjoy laughs with a fun group that welcomes and supports you and your family in faith and service. If you’re interested in participating or would like to learn more about Lector Ministry, please contact Vince Tricarico at email@example.com or (213) 706-0585.
- Safeguard the Children Needs Volunteers to Serve: Safeguard the Children could use your help, and it is a great way to earn 2.5 service hours towards school and/or the parish. Questions, Please contact Donella Sotelo
- Volunteer for Hot Lunch: What a fun way to see and serve all the children in the school! Each Wednesday from 11:15 am -1:15 pm, there is an opportunity to serve the students Hot Lunch. Please sign up!
- Volunteer to serve Choicelunch (Mon/Tues/Thurs/Fri): Serving Choicelunch is a great way to earn 2 service hours. Arrive by 11:15 am to begin set up. You’re typically done by 1:00 pm.
- Volunteer with many of the Ministries and Programs within the Holy Family Parish. See below for Holy Family Parish Brochure.
Reminder for All Parent Volunteers: Every HFS volunteer (parent, grandparent, family member 18+, caregiver etc.) must have submitted the ALL the Safeguard the Children requirements to Holy Family parish prior to signing up to volunteer for supervising children in any capacity such as driving students to a field trip, serving hot lunch, attending overnight trips, coaching, scouting, supervising students in the drama program or any parish program where an individual will be volunteering with or around children.
We appreciate that every parish and ministry wants to cooperate fully with Archdiocesan policies in providing a safe environment and we are aware that appointments can be difficult to find because the schedules fill up rapidly. Please emphasize the importance of keeping an appointment or calling in advance to cancel so that others can be given the opportunity to be fingerprinted.
If you have any questions about Virtus, Live Scan Fingerprinting, Guidelines for Adults Interacting with Minors at Parish/School Activities or Events requirements/or the formation of Safeguard the Children Committee, please contact Donella Sotelo.
We thank you in advance for your patience as we move towards our common goal: Protecting the Faithful of the Future.