- Safeguard the Children Needs Volunteers to Serve: Safeguard the Children could use your help, and it is a great way to earn 2.5 service hours towards school and/or the parish. Click here to sign up now! Questions, please email Donella Sotelo at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Family Advent Volunteer Opportunities: As seen by clicking on the previous link, there are multiple ways to share your time together as a family while helping out in the parish and community. Contact Mary Schimmoller, Director of Volunteers, at 626-403-6113 email@example.com with any questions and to sign up!
- Volunteer for Hot Lunch: What a fun way to see and serve all the children in the school! Each Wednesday from 11:15 am -1:15 pm, there is an opportunity to serve the students Hot Lunch. Please sign up!
- Volunteer to serve Choicelunch:
For those of you who would like to get started on your service hours, here’s the link to sign up to volunteer for ChoiceLunch. Serving ChoiceLunch is a great way to earn 2 service hours. Arrive by 11:15 am to begin set up. You’re typically done by 1:00 pm. You’ll also receive a Choicelunch credit to your account from Choicelunch! Questions? You can reach Maria Adriano at Choicelunch@hfsparentguild.org.
Reminder for All Parent Volunteers: You must be VIRTUS trained and LiveScan fingerprinted in order to volunteer to help with the children of our parish school:
- 2016-2017 Virtus "Protecting God's Children" Sessions at Holy Family Church are as follows (Must register for a session online at virtus.org and please RSVP for Sessions at Holy Family Church through the Parish Office 626.799.8908):
- Please check back for future dates & times at Holy Family Parish
- 2016-2017 Virtus Re-certification "Keeping the Promise Alive" (Register by calling Patricia Plescia at 626.403.6106):
- Sunday, December 11, 2016, 3:30 - 5:00 pm
- Saturday, January 21, 2017, 10:00 - 11:30 am
- For dates and sites, please consult the How to Find a VIRTUS Session Guide.
Click the following link for the LA Archdiocese schedule. Register with Patricia Plescia at 626.403.6106.
2016 Live Scan Fingerprinting at Holy Family was held 11/4/16; please check back for the next scheduled onsite date.
Please remember that each site now has duplicate forms that the applicant can fill out on site. One copy is kept by the operator and one is for the applicant’s record as a proof of compliance.
Appointments are still necessary to facilitate a smooth operation in the field. We appreciate that every parish and ministry wants to cooperate fully with Archdiocesan policies in providing a safe environment and we are aware that appointments can be difficult to find because the schedules fill up rapidly. Please emphasize the importance of keeping an appointment or calling in advance to cancel so that others can be given the opportunity to be fingerprinted.
If you have any questions about Virtus, Live Scan Fingerprinting, Guidelines for Adults Interacting with Minors at Parish/School Activities or Events requirements/or the formation of Safeguard the Children Committee, please contact Donella Sotelo.
We thank you in advance for your patience as we move towards our common goal: protecting the faithful of the future.