What is Scrip?
Scrip is a fundraising program that allows participating merchants to contribute a percentage of your purchases to the school. Families participate by purchasing scrip in the form of gift cards either online with ShopWithScrip.com .
Beginning June 1st, 2017:
1. Physical scrip cards will no longer be sold at the Pastoral Center (permanent change).
2. On-line orders of physical scrip cards from ShopWithScrip will be suspended from June 1st until Aug 31st. Physical scrip card orders will not be processed during this time.
3. On-line orders of ScripNow! and Reloads using Presto Pay are still available 24/7 without interruption during summer months. No check orders will be accepted/processed.
4. Holy Family Bookstore Scrip News — effective June 23, 2017 the bookstore offers “paperless” scrip. Please see details below under “Other Ways to Earn Scrip Credits”. You may log one (1) service hour by participating in our new “paperless” Bookstore scrip by making a purchase of $25 or more between June 23, 2017 and August 31, 2017. Check out the bookstore at http://holyfamily.org/bookstore/
Please note that in order to participate in the Scrip program, you need to have a ShopWithScrip account with a linked PrestoPay payment account. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org for enrollment instructions.
Thank you for your patience and support while we make these changes to our Scrip program. Please email email@example.com if you need help getting started or have any questions
Jill Sigler – VP Fundraising
Andrea Giese – VP Fundraising Elect
Tom Corcoran – Scrip Coordinator
Scrip Frequently Asked Questions
1. What are the current Scrip family requirements?
Scrip is part of Holy Family School’s Annual Fundraising program. Families may choose to participate in Scrip in order to meet, or partially meet, their annual Fundraising Commitment. Scrip credits can be earned with online purchases of scrip gift cards at ShopWithScrip.com.
2. What percentages do the merchants give back in scrip credit?
Merchant donation %’s range from 1% to 20% of the amount purchased and average about 8%. For example, purchasing $1,000 in Macy’s scrip, which has a 10% donation percentage, provides you with $100 in scrip credits towards your annual Fundraising Commitment. Gap/Old Navy provides a 14% credit. PotteryBarn is 8%. Starbucks is 7%. BestBuy is 4%. Go to shopwithscrip.com for a complete list of merchants.
3. Why does Scrip make sense as a fundraising strategy?
Scrip is a relatively easy way to generate revenue our school’s needs. It requires minimal volunteer hours and cost to sustain the program. Since retailers provide the Scrip revenue to the school based on your normal everyday purchases, it is not a financial burden to our families. It’s essentially FREE money!
4. What is Scrip funding used for?
Scrip profits support the school operating budget of the school including: teacher and staff salaries, books and educational materials.
5. How will I know how much Scrip profit I have earned ?
Families can keep track of their purchases (and the profit earned for Holy Family School) by logging onto their ShopWithScrip.com account. Click on Dashboard and then click on Reports, where you are able to run custom reports.
6. What if I do not want to participate in the program?
Families are not required to participate in Scrip. However, families must still meet their annual fundraising commitment. See Fundraising for further information.
7. Where do scrip gift cards come from, how do I use them and what is the return policy?
Please see Shop With Scrip Support / Faq for detailed information.
8. What merchants participate in the ShopWithScrip Program?
There are over 770 merchants that participate with our Scrip vendor, ShopWithScrip.com. In addition to national merchants, ShopWithScrip offers scrip from a few local merchants, including some restaurants. The Holy Family Bookstore participates in “paperless” scrip, providing a 5% scrip credit to school families. See note below regarding the Bookstore scrip procedures.
Register with ShopWithScrip
Each family that chooses to participate in Scrip is required to register at ShopWithScrip.com , which allows us to keep track of your scrip purchases. It also allows you to check the purchases you have made and the profits you have earned for the school. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for the enrollment instructions.
Other ways to earn Scrip credits:
1) Holy Family Bookstore
The Holy Family Bookstore will automatically provide school families with a 5% scrip credit on all purchases (cash or check only). At the time of purchase, simply let the Bookstore know you are a school family and you would like scrip credit. The Bookstore will have you sign an extra copy of your sales receipt for their records so the 5% can be credited towards your family’s combined fundraising/scrip commitment.
You can also earn Scrip credit by shopping at participating local eScrip grocers and drug stores or dine out with eScrip Dining restaurants when you use a registered payment (debit/credit) or registered club/loyalty cards. You can also shop with your favorite online retailers through eScrip’s Online Mall. There are over 800 shops to choose from, plus money saving offers. All you need to do is register &/or renew your payment (debit/credit) cards and participating loyalty/club cards online at www.escrip.com. Please note that expired payment cards need to be re-registered in order to continue to earn credit for you and Holy Family School.
* * * There is a limited number of local stores that participate in eScrip, but Bristol Farms in South Pasadena does participates and provides 4% in scrip credit * * *
- Call 800-592-0942 or go online to
- www.escrip.com Enter Holy Family’s Group Number # 137821672
3) Ralph’s Rewards
You can also earn Scrip credit by shopping at Ralphs and using your Ralphs Rewards Card. You must register or renew your Ralphs card to participate. In addition, since Ralphs does not release your scrip credit information to us for security reasons, you will need to personally find out your quarterly Scrip credit amount. To determine your Scrip credit amount, simply email Ralphs at email@example.com. Please forward the email response and amount to firstname.lastname@example.org in order to receive scrip credit.
- To Register or Renew Your Ralphs Card
- Go online to www.ralphs.com
- Sign in/Register (If you already have an online account, sign in; if not, click on Create an Account)
- Go to My Account
- Go to Community Rewards
- Click on Edit Community Contribution
- Enter HFS code # 83964
- Click Save Changes