Buy Scrip! Turn your everyday shopping into profits for HFS.
What is Scrip?
Scrip is a fundraising program that allows participating merchants to contribute a percentage of your purchases to the school. Families participate by purchasing scrip in the form of gift cards either online with ShopWithScrip.com or via eScrip by registering membership and payment cards online with certain grocery and department stores. Although Scrip is a parish-wide fundraiser, the profits go directly into the school’s annual operating budget.
ATTN: ALL SCRIP BUYERS!!! PLEASE READ!!
Beginning June 1st, 2017:
1. Physical scrip cards will no longer be sold at the Pastoral Center (permanent change).
2. On-line orders of physical scrip cards will be suspended from June 1st until Aug 31st. Please do not order any physical scrip cards during this time. If you place on online order for a physical card during this time, Presto Pay will automatically withdraw the funds from your bank account, but your scrip order will not be processed and the scrip cards will not be shipped to us.
3. On-line orders of virtual scrip/ScripNow and Reloads using Presto Pay will be available 24/7 without interruption during summer months. No check orders will be accepted/processed.
So, if you regularly buy physical scrip cards, the month of May is the time to stock up for the summer. Better yet, now is the time to familiarize yourself with the scrip vendors that provide virtual scrip/ScripNow and Reloads so that you can continue to buy and use scrip over the summer using your Presto Pay account. If you do not have a PrestoPay or ShopWithScrip account (you need both!), now is the time to set them up if you want to buy scrip over the summer. Please email Dianne Ciulla at firstname.lastname@example.org if you would like the enrollment instructions.
Thank you for your patience and support while we make these changes to our Scrip program.
Jill Sigler – VP Fundraising
Dianne Ciulla – Scrip Coordinator
Please contact Dianne if you need help get started, have questions, and/or if you need the ShopWithScrip enrollment code.
Scrip Frequently Asked Questions
1. What are the current Scrip family requirements?
Families are required to make a net contribution via Scrip purchases of $250 profit to HFS. This can be achieved through eScrip, and online Scrip purchases. Merchant donations range from about 1% to 20% of the amount purchased and average about 8%. For example, purchasing $3000 in scrip ($250 per month) with an 8% donation percentage satisfies the $250 Scrip profit requirement for the year.
2. Why does Scrip make sense as a fundraising strategy?
Scrip is a relatively easy way to generate revenue our school needs. It requires minimal volunteer hours and cost to sustain the program. Since retailers provide the revenue based on purchases, it is not a financial burden to our families. It’s essentially FREE money!
3. What is Scrip funding used for?
Scrip is budgeted to generate $40,000 in revenue to support the operating budget of the school including: teacher and staff salaries, books and educational materials.
4. How will I know if I am meeting my commitment?
Families can keep track of their purchases (and the profit earned for Holy Family School) by logging onto their ShopWithScrip.com account. Click on Dashboard and then click on Reports, where you are able to run custom reports.
5. What if I do not want to participate in the program?
Families may elect to buy-out of the Scrip program by making a direct contribution to the school of $300. (Please make a check payable to Holy Family School). Payments for the buy-out option must be received by September 30 of each school year.
7. What if I do not make my Scrip commitment by April 30?
If a family does not make the full $250 net contribution by the end of the Scrip calendar year, the family will be remaining balance between the amount of Scrip profit and $250 will be taken out of your family’s June Smart Tuition.
There are over 730 participating merchants; scrip is ordered online via ShopWithScrip.com, in which new families must enroll by 9/30/17. The enrollment code will become available at the Parent Guild September meeting. In addition to national merchants, there are several local merchants, including some restaurants and the Holy Family Bookstore, that support Holy Family School.
Each family is required to register at ShopWithScrip.com, which allows us to keep track of your scrip purchases or if you have decided to buyout. It also allows you to check the purchases you have made and the profits you have earned for the school. Please contact Dianne Ciulla at email@example.com for the enrollment code. This is a new online way to order scrip through Great Lakes Scrip Center. Click here for ShopWithScrip FAQs.
Register or renew payment cards and participating merchant cards online at www.escrip.com. Although Vons is no longer participating in eScrip, Bristol Farms still participates in eScrip. Expired payment cards need to be re-registered to continue to earn credit for you and Holy Family School.
- Call 800-592-0942 or go online to www.escrip.com
- Enter Holy Family’s Group Number # 137821672
Specific Card Requirements
- Register or Renew Your Ralphs Card
- Go online to www.ralphs.com
- Sign in/Register (If you already have an online account, sign in; if not, click on Create an Account)
- Go to My Account
- Go to Community Rewards
- Click on Edit Community Contribution
- Enter HFS code # 83964
- Click Save Changes
Ralphs no longer releases your information to us. Your purchases will still benefit HFS, however you will need to personally find out your quarterly donation amount. To determine your donation amount, email Ralphs at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please forward amount to Dianne Ciulla at email@example.com.
Many scrip cards and certificates are available for immediate purchase at the Pastoral Center. However, some popular items run out and special items must be ordered. Allow about two weeks for delivery.