The Universe of Social Media is vast and constantly evolving. We as a school community are always striving to keep up and maintain an exceptional level of safety for our students and faculty when images are used on the platform of Public Relations. However, we require your assistance in order to maintain this, exceptional level.
This communication is intended as a reminder/update on the use of social media for members of our school community. When those special school/ extracurricular activity moments arrive in our lives, and we wish to share them on a Social Media Platform (Facebook, Instagram, Snapchat etc), many of you have your own privacy safeguards in place and we are grateful. We also ask that families keep in mind our Safeguard the Children requirements as they pertain to social media.
Please Note the Following:
No Image/Voice/Work/Name Form
- If at anytime you wish your child(ren) to be ON the NO Image/Voice/Work/Name List, you need only email the HFS Communications Dept. using the form available on our web page (under Forms). Once we receive it, it will be taken care of immediately.
- We also request that you advise your fellow class parents and teacher(s) to insure that your family’s privacy is respected and maintained.
- Parents that have children on the NO Image/Voice/Work/Name List must advise any School Activity / Extracurricular Activity leader ) where your child(ren) are involved (i.e., drama, music, athletics, scouting) to insure that your family’s privacy is respected and maintained.
- If at anytime you wish your child(ren) to be REMOVED from the list, email the HFS Communications Dept. and it will be taken care of immediately.
Not All Families Wish To Have Their Children on Social Media.
- Please inquire with the parents and teacher(s) or with the HFS Communications department if you are unsure.
- When posting pictures on your personal sites, please do not tag any child by full name
- The images, work, voice or name of a child can not be used for Self Promotion (commercial, business, government office, blogging) unless written permission has been submitted to the HFS Communications Dept. by the legal parent or guardian. This form is available on our web page (under Forms).
- 3rd Party Vendors must have a contract with Holy Family School per event in order to sell any students Image/Voice/Work/Name.
- Photos that are uploaded to the password protected Shutterfly sites can be used for Public Relations of the School or Church unless your child(ren) is/are on the NO Image/Voice/Work/Name List.
Chaperoning / Attending an Event
- If you are a chaperone to an “off-campus” event/activity, you MUST hold off on posting any pictures until you return to school.
- If you are attending an event, please hold off on posting photos or information about “off campus” events until they have concluded and the students have returned to school.
If your child(ren) are on the NO Image/Voice/Work/Name List, a digital image (school picture) of your child(ren) with their name and grade is created and distributed to the School Administration and teachers. It is also monitored by the HFS Communications Department to make sure that your family’s privacy is respected and maintained on the Social Media/Public Relations Platform.
Should you have any additional questions, please do not hesitate to reach out to us!
Michele Marie Rodriguez (C’85, P’17, P’26) HFS Communications Social Media & Public Relations
Frank Montejano HFS Principal