- April 4th – Meet the masters lectures
- April 5th – 2pm Dismissal; HL is pizza
- April 6th – 7th Grade Chicken project, Yearbook meeting
- April 7th – Stations of the Cross 2pm; 5th grade Coffee Shop; Kindergarten Mass & Retreat
- April 12th – HL is tacos
- April 13th – Holy Thursday; noon dismissal
- April 14th – Good Friday
- April 16th – Easter Sunday
- April 17th-21st – Easter break – No School
- April 26th – Kindergarten New parent dinner; HL is baked ziti
- Scrip ($250 in profit)
- ShopWithScrip.com: New families must sign up with www.shopwithscrip.com by 9/30/16. Please contact Dianne Ciulla for the enrollment code at email@example.com. Click for the Scrip Vendor List. Scrip Commitment is due 4/30/17. (Buy-out option $300 by 9/30/16 payable to Holy Family School).
- eScrip Program: Please register for eScrip by calling 800.592.0942 or via www.escrip.com. HFS’s group number is 137821672. Bristol Farms and a variety of retailers are part of eScrip.
- Attention Ralphs shoppers! Please renew or register your Ralphs card at www.ralphs.com. Go to My Account, then Community Rewards, and click on Edit Community Contribution Program: enter HFS code# 83964 and click save changes. Also, please email firstname.lastname@example.org to get your quarterly Ralphs contributions. Please forward the quarterly report to Dianne Ciulla at email@example.com.
- Family Service (40 hours per family, 20 per single-parent family) – Family Service Hour Form
- We hope that your family has the opportunity to participate in the various school activities at Holy Family. Parent Service Hours are due 4/30/17.
- Fundraising (raise $300) – Spring Jog-a-thon March 3, 2017. Pledge-gathering & sponsorships are available now on the Jog-a-thon Website. All sponsorships due Friday, 2/10/17. Parents are asked to support two major fundraisers per year: Christmas Tree Sales in the Fall and Jog-a-thon in the Spring. Fundraising Commitment is due 3/30/17. (Buy-out option $350 by 9/30/16 payable to Holy Family School).
- Volunteer for Choice Lunch: For those of you who would like to get started on your service hours, here’s the link to sign up to volunteer for ChoiceLunch. Serving ChoiceLunch is a great way to earn 2 service hours. Arrive by 11:15 am to begin set up. You’re typically done by 1:00 pm. You’ll also receive a Choicelunch credit to your account from Choicelunch! Questions? You can reach Maria Adriano at Choicelunch@hfsparentguild.org.
- Volunteer for Hot Lunch: What a fun way to see and serve all the children in the school! Each Wednesday from 11:15 am -1:15 pm, there is an opportunity to serve the students Hot Lunch. Please sign up!
Parish & Community:
- Lenten Programs:
- More for Moms: Walk through Lent with other moms and grandmas each Tuesday 8:30-10:30 a.m. for 6 weeks, beginning February 14th at the Sacred Heart Retreat House in Alhambra. See flyer below.
- Surprised by Joy: Gift yourself with an experience of prayer and community by encountering a God full of surprises. Fr. Tri M. Dinh SJ and the Christus Ministries Team will guide these 7 evenings of Ignatian Prayer for young adults and adults. The suggested donation is $50 (or $7/week). Scholarship is available. Register online and email Mary Schimmoller or call her at (626) 403-6113 for more information. Co-sponsored with the Ignatian Prayer Ministry & Trinity Ministry at Holy Family Church.
- Family Volunteer Opportunities:
- St. Francis Center: Families are invited to help serve the homeless a warm meal and/or work in the Food Pantry (next opportunity 4/29/17 at 9:30 a.m.). Contact Volunteer Coordinator Mary Schimmoller or call 626.403.6113.
- Holy Family Giving Bank: Help bag groceries Sundays from 9-11 a.m. for Monday food distribution. Contact Marlene or Andres 626.403.6140 with questions.
- For other opportunities, contact Volunteer Coordinator Mary Schimmoller or call 626.403.6113.
- Twohey’s Food Truck Contest is underway until 4/28/17. There is a 10% discount for students, staff and families who mention Holy Family School when they dine or carry-out at Twohey’s. The school that totals the most business wins a Food Truck party!
- Connect with the school community…Follow us on Facebook!
- Visit the Holy Family Bookstore: Have you had an opportunity to visit Holy Family’s bookstore located in the Parish Hall? There’s also a great selection of books, Fair Trade items, art, jewelry and more. Hours are Tuesday – Saturday (10 a.m. – 5 p.m.); Sunday (9 a.m. to 3 p.m.). Visit their Facebook page.
This page is updated by Parent Guild volunteers who comprise the School Communications Committee. Please submit information pertinent to the school and parish to firstname.lastname@example.org. As part of Holy Family Church, Holy Family School may publish events in Sunday’s Church Bulletin, using the Holy Family Special Events & Event Marketing Guidelines.