HFS Procedures on Campus in an Emergency
2014-2015 School Year
In the event of an earthquake, fire, (or other emergency) during school hours, the following procedures are in effect:
- As soon as the situation is deemed safe, the children and staff will proceed from the buildings, as they have practiced. The GRASSY FIELD has been designated as our ASSEMBLY AREA for emergencies. The parish staff will help the school staff in assisting the children, securing the campus, and maintaining an orderly and safe environment.
- The gates to the campus will be closed, so that an orderly release of students to parent (or designated adult) can take place. The ROLLIN STREET ENTRANCE will be used as the Request/Reunion/Release Station. Please DO NOT DRIVE INTO THE PARKING AREA BEHIND THE CHURCH. The children will only be released to the parent or designated adult listed in the Emergency Information which was filled out on-line at registration.
- Children who cannot be picked up will remain at the school with staff members until necessary arrangements can be made for their release.
- The Disaster Preparedness Committee has provided the school with emergency medical supplies, food and water supplies, blankets, sanitation equipment and other needed materials.
- Please write a separate note to each of your children and attach a family photo. Send these with your child to his/her teacher. These will be kept in a manila envelope (according to grade level) with our other supplies in the sheds, and handed out to the children to comfort them. We will NOT be using “comfort bags”.
- Please do not phone the school if an area-wide emergency occurs. This would tie up the lines unnecessarily, and prevent staff from doing their assigned jobs.